Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cooking Camp...

My oldest daughter is in cooking camp this week. They made smoothies yesterday, and pizza today. I was debating for a long time weather or not to send her. In the end we figured that it is good for her to go. She knows that there she cannot eat foods that contain "Kuhmilch". For some odd reason, I was nervous that she may taste the food others could eat, or would be sad that she cannot eat exactly the same food as the other kids. But you know what? It is perfectly OK. She loves it, the other kids are great, and she does not feel left out. - For the smoothie I brought in Vanilla Whole Soy Yogurt, there was soy milk. For the pizza I got extra English Muffins which were safe, the sauce & pepperoni were also safe. As for now cheese...no problem. We generally eat pizza without cheese.

When we picked her up today at the end of camp she was SO excited. "Mommy, mommy I made pizza and ate it too...." If that does not make the Mommy heart sing then what will :)

Have a great rest of the day.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...