Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer = BBQ time

Finally summer has arrived with all its glory :) Sunshine and BBQ time. We had the first hot dogs of the season out in our backyard. Just wanted to share a couple of things. I bought the buns at Trader Joe's and they are great. Just note that you canNOT buy the regular buns for hot dogs/hamburgers. The Multi Grain ones are without any milk derivative, and I actually think also better for you. We all like the buns.

I have to confess, that I have taken the hamburger buns along to restaurants. The buns at the restaurants we have been to generally all have whey, or they may not have the labels available. At some places we get the burgers on Pita (at all the McMenamin's restaurants for example), but it is a nice option to bring your own. We just get the burger with all the fixings and put it on the bun when the food arrives. The downside to bringing the bread along is that it can get messy (as I keep it in my purse), you need to carry it around with you, etc. It is however a nice option, as most hamburgers in general are "safe". We of course always ask just to make sure...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...