Sunday, February 22, 2009

Trip preparation....

Lufthansa is currently having a great sale and I could not resist but buy tickets for us to go. We are leaving in mid March which is honestly much earlier than I would like to go, but the deal is way to good to let go. It will only be myself and the girls going. We usually are always on the non-stop flight from PDX to Frankfurt but this time our outbound will be through Chicago. The leg from Chicago to Frankfurt will also be served by United. The return is on the non-stop Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt back to PDX. I made the reservation online and Lufthansa offers "lactose free meals" on their air travel. We ordered it before and I find it better than the vegan meals. In any case, so I ordered the lactose free meals for the girls but called to double check that a) we have good seats, and b) the special meals are confirmed. Well, turns out that the Lufthansa meal is confirmed but not the United flight. I just got off the phone with United and you know what? United does not offer lactose free meals. Mmmmh, you can order "high fiber", "low fiber", "low fat", "low carb", etc but not one lactose free meal. Sure there is the kids meal, but that I am sure is full of cheese and other not-safe items....I ended up ordering for both girls a "Vegan" meal and will make sure to bring plenty of snacks. Or maybe another option - this is the very healthful ;) option - stop at McDonald's at O'Hare and get them each a Hamburger Happy Meal. That should fill them up and hopefully make them sleepy for the trip...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...