Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Fun Run and the treat...

Alena's school conducts a fundraiser every year. It is called the "The Fun Run" and each child is asked to raise $20 which goes to the scholarship fund of the school. Every class in the school get 1/2 hour in the gym for the run. The school is quite large so it is a two day event. And what, you may wonder, is a "Fun Run"...It is an obstacle course which the teacher's set up. Hopscotch, boxes to climb underneath, hula hoops to climb through, jumping, etc. Alena had sooo...much fun. I did not count how many laps she ran, but she pretty much ran non-stop for the entire time. Siblings were allowed to join for the last lap. Needless to say, that Mia Rose was sooo...excited.

After the 1/2 hour everybody got a treat and you know what? They were pop sickles which the girls could have as well. I don't think I have to tell you how happy that made me...In school Galactosemia really turns out to be NO BIG DEAL. Who would have thought? I certainly would not have believed it. I was just so happy that the girls did not to be singled out, and could join everybody else. The point of this post? Well, I would have never, ever thought to be able to integrate our kids "just like that" and I am just so thrilled that it is possible. Life is great :)))

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...