Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Playdate without Mommy...

OK so I know this has been long, long overdue but Alena just went on her first play date all by herself. I really do not keep her on a "short leash" ;) generally however it just works out that Mia Rose and I just come along. The kids play and mom's usually hang out...Well, a couple of weeks ago I just dropped her off at a friends house. Alena actually told me "you go mommy...no mommy, no mia, and no papa. Just me!" - She obviously goes to school without me, so it does make sense that she wants to be all by herself...it is empowering, right?

Here is how I think we are just a tiny bit different. Before hand, I told the mother of Alena's friend that she has CG and therefore needs to avoid all types of milk sugar. In addition, I also gave a little breakdown as well as a link to the blog entry "about Galactosemia". I certainly do not want to scare parents about it, but need to make them aware...The mother and I talked about that PB&J sandwiches would be great for both kids. I brought along a couple slices of bread for Alena. For treats I made Chocolate Chip Cookies for everybody...the play date was great fun for everybody. The bottom line so is, that there is no need to shy away from play dates or be afraid of them. Its all in the preparation, and of course the child has to be aware of the foods they cannot have. Alena now always asks...

Have a great day everybody.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...