Saturday, September 11, 2010

It has been a long week...

Oh, how I miss our old little school. There are a few up-sides to attending the neighborhood school.  We can walk to school, as it is only a little more than two blocks away from our house; and there is a pretty nice playground.  In addition, I met with the nurse a couple of times, and also spoke with the principal.  I have not spoken with the teacher about Alena's CG as that communication is supposed to go through the nurse and principal.  That, my friends, is fairly strange to me.  The nurse has informed me, that if there are treats we are not informed ahead of time.  I brought in a couple of different ice cream treats for Alena.  The nurse however relayed to me, that the teacher was not sure if that would work.  Well, we will have to see.  I also went with the nurse through the cafeteria to ensure that Alena would not be able to take food.  We took her lunch card, swiped her and NOTHING showed on the screen in regards to foods she cannot eat.  The nurse proceeded to ask the lunch lady to add the "No items" to her card; she added it right away but instead of writing "no milk, lactose, whey, casein" she typed "No Nuts"!!! Aaaaaarrrrggghhhh - I know, I have to channel positive energy towards school.  - Never-the-less this situation makes me cry....

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...