Thursday, September 2, 2010

School is about to start and I am nervous

Yes, it is true I am so nervous and almost beside myself with Alena entering 1st Grade.  This is the first time that she will be going to a big, public school.  So far, we had gone to a nice, safe, private PreK - K school and it was wonderful. I had communicated and educated the teacher's before the school year about Classic Galactosemia.  It really has helped ease my worries in the past.  But now?  Well, school will start on September 7th, 2010 and packages will go out tomorrow September 2nd, 2010.  I have tried to find out to whose class she was assigned to but apparently that information was  - as of this afternoon - yet unknown.  I have spoken with the Health Coordinator at the School System and she suggested that a 504 Plan be put in place for Alena.  I just briefly glanced at it and am not certain that this is really needed.  I think that we really just need a couple of things.  First, find out who her teacher will be and communicate with him/her; and secondly have Alena's lunch card reflect the items she cannot eat.

Oh, how I miss my small, safe school....I am just so worried and cannot think of anything to make me feel better...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...