Monday, September 6, 2010

...tomorrow is the day - school starts and I am still worried...

"Mama, I am so excited for tomorrow..." Alena whispered just before she fell asleep tonight. Oh, how I wish I could say the same.  I think that I am more anxious than anything.  What will it be like?  What will the teacher be like? What will it be like for her to be in school from 8:35 - 3 PM every day?  And the really big question for me, what will she be doing during that time...the questions are endless, and so is my worry.   We had a last summer hooray and spent four days in Sunriver. We got back yesterday, and we finally received the school package.  Alena is assigned a teacher and I would have loved to speak with her BEFORE school starts, but oh well.  The registration form lists special medical information and states "METH BOLIC Disorder"!!! OK - I understand time and money is at a premium, but has anyone ever heard of this??? Also, I know for a fact that I wrote Classic Galactosemia, Metabolic Disorder, NO MILK or MILK DERIVATIVES all over the registration form...This really worries me.  But hey, I need to get back in the swing of things and think positive, right?! The upside really will be the commute - walking distance, and hopefully neighborhood friends.  So for now, I will attempt to funnel positive energy to the school start tomorrow.  But believe it or not, this is - right now - actually a true challenge for me.  I have to remember that the glass is half full....

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...