Sunday, February 22, 2015

Blood Orange Margarita for National Margarita Day

Happy National Margarita Day!!!  Yes,  friends I have stepped out of my comfort zone yet again and super excited that my good friend Heather aka girlichef invited me to celebrate National Margarita Day.   Now making cocktails is really not my strength - let's just say there have been a couple of failures albeit tasty failures in the process of making my Blood Orange Margarita… Yes, leave it up to the German girl to make a Margarita.  Rest assured that it only took a couple of tries and it has now been perfected.  

Please let me present you with my version of Blood Orange Margarita

Blood Orange Margarita
  • 1-1/2 oz lime juice
  •    1/2 oz triple sec
  •    1/2 oz Blood Orange Simple Syrup
  • 1-1/2 oz Tequilla
  •    1/2 C freshly squeezed blood orange juice
  •    ice cubes
  1. Combine lime juice, triple sec, simple syrup, and tequila in a cocktail shaker {or use a mason jar with a lid} place some ice cubes with the liquid.  Throughly shake it up.
  2. Pour liquid - strain the ice - into a tall glass
  3. Top with blood orange juice
  4. Add ice and serve


Are you ready for more Margarita fun…check all of it out…

Margaritas:

Margarita-inspired food:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...