Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Yes, we still have sweet potatoes so this week I made for the very first time Sweet Potato Gnocchi. Doesn't it sound intersting? Well, let me tell you they don't only sound interesting but also taste delicious. Plus they are gorgeous looking :) The only thing was that I thought they were a little dense. I think the reason for that was that the sweet potatoes were not cooked all the way through and therefore still a little chunky. So note to self - cook and not bake the potatoes the next time :)

I actually found several recipes online - several of them using ricotta and since I have not yet found a viable substitute for it I used this one.

Ingredients
- 8 oz Sweet Potato (I used more)
- 2 cups of flower (next time I will use a little less - or maybe even more sweet potato)
- 1 Egg
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt
- pepper
- nutmeg

* Cook sweet potato until soft
* Mix sweet potato (w/o skin) with the flower
* Add the egg
* Crushed Garlic
* Salt
* Pepper
* Pinch of Nutmeg (I used 1/8 Teaspoon)
* Mix together into a dough

* Bring a large pot of water to a boil
* Divide the dough into three rolls
* Cut gnocchi about 1/2 inch or less
* Drop all of the gnocchi into the boiling water at once
* Skim the ones that are done (when they float on the surface) and put in a bowl

Serve with
* Melted Earth Balance spiced with Cinanon and Sage leaves

* Ron and I also had some Dolce Gorgonzola pieces in ours...

Please let me know if you try it out, and what you thought about it.

The credit for the recipe goes to --> http://bit.ly/cAVUV3

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...