Saturday, April 3, 2010

Birthday Party at Chuck E Cheese's & St. Cupcake

Mia Rose along with the entire family was invited to a Birthday Party at Chuck E Cheese's. I have never been to a Chuck E Cheese's and was not very optimistic that the girls would be able to eat there. The good news is that I quickly received an e-mail response back from "Chuck E. Cares" which included a breakdown of all the foods and the allergens. I have to say that I found the quick and detailed response very impressive. The kids can eat the usual things i.e. Pizza without cheese, pepperoni and sausage are both OK. Original Chicken Wings are OK, but not the Boneless Wings (?!), etc. Turned out that neither girl ate anything at the party, but each ate a slice on the way home.

We - as we often do - brought along cup cakes for the girls. This time I stopped at St. Cupcake in Northwest Portland. Such a fantastic place...all they have are cup cakes and they surely are delicious. There are - of course - vegan cupcakes and we were lucky that at 5 PM there were 6 left :) Ron along with a snoring Mia Rosie waited in the car while Alena and I got the cupcakes. What do you think Alena chose??? Chocolate with Chocolate Frosting and while we were waiting she watched them bake the dot sized cupcakes. Yummy!!! Check out their web-site
--> http://www.saintcupcake.com/ the cupcakes are really as good as they look and they also deliver throughout the United States. I was quite impressed when I just saw that...

As for Chuck E. Cheese's well, I will be honest and hope that nobody will take offense but I will never voluntarily be back there. St. Cupcakes however is another story...and yes, the girls had fun but I think that they were overstimulated with the different sounds, noise, lights, etc. well, at least I was...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...