Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Easy Italian Wedding #Soup

How is everyone?  It has been quite cold here in Portland and the perfect dinner to warm up with is soup.  You may know, that I have been frequently contributing to the weekly #SundaySupper posts.  The mission of the #SundaySupper movement is to bring families together to eat dinner around the table.  The founder of the group is Isabel also known as Family Foodie.  Just last weekend we all celebrated the one year anniversary by making dishes from 2012 #SundaySupper events. One of those dishes is Isabel's Easy Italian Wedding Soup.  I have wanted to make it since the first time I saw her original post.  So now was the time...

First I made the meatballs, and - why had I never done this before - baked them at 375F for 10 minutes.  They turned out amazing, plus the house did not smell like fried meat {yay!!!}, then I put the rest together.  And yes, I followed Isabel's recipe almost to a "t" {I did add a little bit of nutmeg to the spinach mixture}.  I was a little hesitant about the four quart's of soup {it will be great again tonight}, and was wondering why it needed to be on the stove for a minimum of three hours.  Well,  let me tell you something magical happens with the soup when it simmers for that long.  The meatballs were amazing, the flavors just all melted together.  Wow!!!  Everyone loved it - including Ron, the girls, well and me :)  An easy - not quick - but very easy recipe.  The house smells fantastic, and the result it just amazing.  Oh, and in case you are wondering I used Parmesiano Regiano.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...