Saturday, January 19, 2013

Oatmeal Cookies w/ Raisins Chocolate Nuts {#Dairyfree} or Seeds

I have never, ever made Oatmeal Cookies...well, that is until this week.  This week I  we have made them twice. Yes, from never to twice just like that...I really wanted to name them "Everything but the Kitchen Sink Oatmeal Cookies" as it is so much more appropriate.  So first why have I not made them before?  Well, honestly it never sounded that appealing to me.  So why out of a sudden?  Okay - rolled oats in bulk were on sale this week at New Season's Market so on a whim I decided to some.  Little did I know just how much we would all like Oatmeal Cookies....I found this fantastic recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Alena and I made the first batch - with walnut pieces; and Mia Rose and I made the second batch - with  pumpkin seeds.  They turned out fantastic - and the first batch did not last the night - and were quick and easy to make.  
Alena making Oatmeal Cookies


Everything but the Kitchen Sink Oatmeal Cookies {#Dairyfree} - Rasins - Chocolate - Nuts/Seeds
   1 C  flour
1/2 tsp baking solda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
   1 stick {1/2 C} Vegan Margarine {I use Earth Balance} softened
1/2 C sugar
Everything but the Kitchen Sink Oatmeal cookies
1/2 C light brown sugar
    1    egg
    1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 C rolled Oates
   1/2 C raisins
   1/3 C dairyfree chocolate chips {generous}
   1/4 C chopped walnuts, or any type of seeds 

***Preheat oven to 350F***
1. Mix together all the dry ingredients {flour through salt}
2. Cream together the margarine, sugars, egg, and vanilla
3. Add dry ingredients to the margarine/sugar/egg mixture at once.  Mix in until all the flour mixture is just incorporated {do not over mix}
4. Add Oates, raisins, chocolate chips, nuts and/or seeds. Carefully stir it in until just mixed.
5. Using a ice cream scooper - or two spoons - drop the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
    Leave plenty of space between each cookie
6. Bake for 11 minutes {until golden - do not over bake}
7. Take out of oven, let them cool down.

Enjoy!!!!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...