Monday, April 22, 2013

Meatloaf with Veggies

How as your weekend? Ours was a lot more quiet than usual as Alena has been coughing and complaining of a sore throat on Sunday.  So instead of our usual family activity outside we spent time inside, reading, watching a family movie, and just hanging out.  The grey weather was perfect for that plus it did feel good to do nothing for a change :)

Today - Monday - I kept Alena home so that she can get a little more rest...Fingers crossed that she will be all better tomorrow as I need to be at my office.  So what about this meatloaf business?  Okay - so you may know that meatloaf is one of the reappearing meals on this family's dinner table.  Yup - everyone loves it.  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, with a big bowl of salad. It is usually just meat, some onion and garlic but today is the day I decided to mix it up a tiny bit.  I know, it is not earth shattering but I added some veggies into the dough. Just for a change of pace...

Meatloaf with Veggies
  • 2 lb. 5% ground beef
  • 1/2 lb. ground pork
  • 1 small onion diced
  • 1/2 red pepper finely diced
  • 1 celery stalk finely diced
  • 1 small carrot cleaned and finely diced
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 Tb salt
  •    plenty of freshly ground pepper
  • 2 tsp of Herbs de Provence {I use Spice Hunter}
  • 1 C Panko Crumbs {or other bread crumbs always double check the label to make sure it is dairy free}
  • 1 egg
  • Ketchup
  1.  In a large bowl mix the vegetables, spices with the Panko Crumbs,
  2.  next mix in the meat, and the egg. Carefully mix it all together until well combined {I use my   hands},
  3. Place meat into a shallow baking dish and form a loaf {you can cover and place meat in the fridge until you are ready to bake it},
  4. Top with ketchup
  5. Preheat oven to 350F and bake for about 1-1/2 hrs
This is an - as my kids would call it - easy peasy dinner.
Meatloaf with Veggies

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...