Saturday, October 6, 2012

Serendipity - Part I {Post # 1000}

I have thought long and hard about this title; is serendipity really the correct word?  Well, it is for sure a fun word - to say, to read, and to write.  I just read that it is one of the hardest words to translate...

So this will be part one of three {at least that is what I figure at this time}...Oh, and the other title I was contemplating was "Randomness" but honestly I like "Serendipity" so much better.  Okay - so this will be our family story...

One of Ron's old friends from Chicago was visiting Portland last week. One of the first things - honestly -  he said was "Do you know how random it is that you guys know each other?".  He was referring to Ron and I... Yes, yes I know many things that happen in life are due to random, serendipitous, unexplained circumstances.  This is the first time I heard the story...

Ron's friends in Chicago - this is ions ago - went downtown when Michael Jordan's Restaurant {now defunct} first opened.  They waited in line, and  started talking with one of my friends.  Yup, this is how it all started.  Ron's friend got the phone number of my coworker.  That was it.  Neither of us was there.  Long story short, our friends went out a few times and a couple weeks later I met with my friend at a restaurant downtown.  Also there were her new friend and - yes you guessed right -  Ron.

I am sure you all have a story similar to ours - but I never realized just how serendipitous our - Ron and I - meeting each other really was.  Oh, just to add a little more that that.  Ron and I moved to Chicago the exact same day. Yes - me from Europe, and Ron from Wisconsin.  Granted, we lived in different suburbs.
Here we are on our honeymoon...


Little did we know, that we also share the same recessive gene...but that will be in Part 2...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...