Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Did you have a good start into 2010? We sure did and celebrated, as has become the tradition of our little family, with Oregon Dungeness Crab. Alena loves crab and she basically can eat an entire crab all by herself. Of course, so the mothership does all the cleaning...It has been so long, it seems that as I gotten busier with my practice there just was not enough time, and also at times I was wondering whether there is a point to blogging. Well, that in a sense is a deeper questions...but here are New Year resolutions and I am committing myself to at least one entry per week on this blog. I love to get feedback if anyone is still out there....

How are we and the girls doing? We are all good. 2009 has been a good year. The girls and I travelled to Europe in March, the summer we spent here in Oregon and camped a whole lot. Alena started Kindergarten this fall and it has at times been challenging. We have decided to keep her at Childswork and it has proven to be a great decision. There are 16 kids in her class (11 boys and 5 girls) with two teachers and school is from 8:30 - 12:30 everyday. On two days she stays in after-care as those are my designated work days where I just concentrate on my business :). Once a week Alena goes to speech therapy which has been very good for her and gaining confidence.

Mia Rosie still goes to the same school two days a week. Her speech is evolving beautifully in both English and German. That is just so exciting to see. Actually both girls can - if they think a person does not speak English - switch to German only. That my friends, really makes the mothership happy :))) Of course, it may not be 100% perfect but isn't it great...

On the food front, I think we have adopted to this diet that it really is no big deal anymore. We just saw Julie & Julia and I told Ron "...I don't think that Julia Childs' cooking would ever work for us..." OK - duh, of course not...but I did not say that with a heavy heart. Oh, and Alena was watching Clifford the other day and there was a ton of ice cream next to Clifford on the ground. Ron overheard Alena saying "...oh, I would so love to eat that ice cream if it is without Kuhsmilch (cow milk)...". She just said it like that matter of fact, not with a heavy heart "oh, poor me..." no, just naturally so that made us feel great. Empowerment is so important...

OK - we are off to the beach for one night (just made that decision) better pack the soy milk, the bread, and the swimsuits for the hotel pool....So here is to a great 2010.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...