Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Who would have thought life to be like this...

...good, full, great, and just plain normal. I certainly would not have thought it to be possible to lead such a completely normal life when our children were diagnosed with CG. Today I certainly don't think about Galactosemia all the time. Sure, I may think about it a once or twice a day, but often enough I don't think about it at all. The same holds true for the girls. They don't constantly think about it either. OK - truth be said Mia Rosie is still a little young but Alena certainly knows she has Galactosemia however it is no obstacle to her. I just heard her tell someone the other day "...you know I cannot have milk..." Just plainly like that. Not with a oh please feel sorry for me because I cannot have milk, or ice cream with milk/cream in it, just a plain old statement. A few years ago I certainly would not have thought that this is possible. Regular school, birthday parties, play dates, eating out, travel... None of these are problems - of course I always go through to motion to make sure there is food available but besides that it has become an integral part of our lives. Of course I am also ever so grateful for my friends which make sure that they have vegan, milk free treats, or milk free food for our children.

On the same token I certainly felt that we could never eat out, nor travel....all was just a myth and now we eat out, and travel with ease. Sure, there are quite a few places outside of PDX which are more critical food wise for the girl but it certainly is not unmanageable, or something that needs complaining, or whining.

OK - off to our afternoon class at Do Jump. Circus Acrobatics for everyone...yay check it out www.dojump.org. Alena loves it....

Have a great day!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...