Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Night Dinner...

...homemade gnocchi, with sweet Walla Walla onions, garlic, tomatoes, homegrown basil, and Parmesiano Regiano; big bowl of salad - red leaf, carrots, and sweet Walla Walla onion with homemade vinaigrette.

We all like gnocchi and to me there is just something wonderful about preparing them. Boil the potatoes, mash them, add the salt, the flour then my favorite part put it all together into a smooth dough using my hands. Then I cut the dough in three parts, roll it, and finally cut it into individual gnocchi. To me it is such a deep connection to make this dish for my family. I know. It sounds a little wild, but do you know what I mean? It is like a piece of my heart and soul is added to each individual gnocchi... Alright, alright, it's a little out there - what can I say, it is getting late, and - sadly - the last week of our wonderful summer is here...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...