Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tom Yum Inspired Soup

was our dinner tonight, all dairy, and milkfree. - I love Tom Yum soup; so when I found Tom Yum paste at the Aslan market I could not pass it up. Found it worth the try to experiment with it on my family tonight and I am happy to report that it was a success. Yay! So quick, and sooo yummy - not authentic but delicious.

You Need
- 1 can of coconut milk - {do not use light}
- 1 quart of chicken broth - {I use Pacific Foods}
- 1 chicken breast sliced thin
- app. 4 T of Tom Yum paste - or more to taste
- 3/4 C snap peas
- 3 baby Bok Choy - cleaned -> {I separate mine}
- 1 can baby corn
- 8 oz rice noodles {I used Pad Thai noodles as that is what I had left}
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- peanuts for garnish
- lime wedges

1. Put cream of coconut into a pot and let it melt, then add 1/2 of Tom Yum paste, and chicken.
Sauté for a couple minutes then add,
2. Coconut milk, and broth. Bring to a slow boil, and keep at slow simmer until chicken is cooked
through,
3. Add vegetables you are using until just done, then
4. Add rice noodles
5. Ladle into soup bowls, sprinkle with cilantro, and peanuts. Serve with a slice of lime

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...