Thursday, December 6, 2012

Risotto; Red Lentil Soup with Kale - #WeeknightSupper

Yes, I know that I have fallen behind on my dinner posts.  Where there too many cookies this week?  No, we did not live off cookies alone this week :)

One night we had Risotto with purple Kale.  I was not sure how it would work, but it turned out as a fantastic combination.  Just used my basic risotto recipe, and changed the vegetable to Kale. I sautéed the Kale before adding it to the risotto and voila here it is...

Risotto with Kale 

And yes, there was lunch the next day, and Risotto Cakes for Mia Rosies lunch today.  Oh, and you can use either vegetable, or chicken stock...

Last night it was a simple Vegan Red Lentil Soup with Kale from Simple Suppers by The Moosewood Collective {page 121}.  It is so delicious - we had it with Kale.  Well, at least Alena and I thought so.  Mia Rosie was not a huge fan, and Ron was actually out last night.  But this - to me - is a definite keeper....
Red Lentil Soup with Kale 
...and Alena had leftovers for lunch today :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...