So when Isabel aka as The Family Foodie announced that #SundaySupper is expanding to #WeekdaySupper I was so excited. Probably like most of us, I am always looking for quick delicious recipes to mix up our #WeekdaySupper's. Each day of the week has a different them. On Monday's we bring you Meatless Meals, Tuesday's it is beef or pork, Wednesday' it is chicken, Thursday' it is seafood or fish, and the best day of all - Friday - it is all about fun dishes...here is a list of the delicious recipes you can look forward this week
Monday - Asparagus Risotto - by me :)
Tuesday - Beef and Bean Burritos by Comfy Cuisine
Wednesday - Quick N Easy Thai Panang Chicken with Peanut Buter by Sue's Nutrition Buzz
Thursday - Baked Haddock in Mushroom Broth with Polenta by Prescetarian Journal
Friday - Egg and Chorizo Nacho's by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
But now on to one of my favorite, quick - yes, risotto is very quick :) - delicious, satisfying #WeekdaySupper dishes.
- Splash of Olive Oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Pinch of Salt
- 1-1/3 of Arborio Rice
- 1 C white wine
- 1 qt. Vegetable broth (I use Pacific Foods brand)
- Rind of a piece of Parmesiano Regiano
- Splash Olive Oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cleaned, cut into 1/2" pieces, tips reserved
- 1 C grated Parmesiano Regiano
- 1 Tablespoon Earth Balance, or other vegan "butter"
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Warm vegetable broth in a separate pot.
- Heat Olive Oil and when hot add the onions with a pinch of salt. Sautee until soft, then add
- garlic, After about a minute add,
- Rice stir frequently until kernels become slightly translucent, then add wine. When the wine is just about reduced, add
- Parmesiano Regiano rind, and 1/2 of the chicken broth. Risotto should be at a very slow simmer. Stir frequently - when reduced add the remaining chicken broth.
- In a separate Pan heat a splash of olive oil - when hot add asparagus (all pieces) and sautee quickly until they turn bright green. Remove from heat and reserve
- When chicken broth is reduced to about 1/2" above the rice, add asparagus. Stir frequently, when most of liquid is reduced and rice has desired consitency remove from heat and add, 1/2 C of grated Parmesiano Regiano, and Earth Balance. Stir throughly - adjust salt and
- pepper to taste.