Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day - Corned Beef and Soda Bread

Last year we started the tradition - as many - to make corned beef on St. Patrick's Day. New Season's has the corned beef all ready to go with a brind that contains zero nitrate. It is delicious! I got the meat along with some brind. Put both of it in a arge pt along with a pint of Guiness on the stove and kept on a low simmer for 3 hours. I then added potatoes - used small red ones - and a small head of cabbage cut into wedges. Before serving I mashed the potatoes with some vegan butter. - Along side I served plain white soda bread which I made earlier in the morning. Brought Soda bread - unless of course from a vegan bakery - is Off limits because ist contains buttermilk. Tomorrow - I will post the recipe to the Soda bread. Happy St. Paddys Day!!!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...