Friday, November 23, 2012

Chocolate Tart #Dairyfree



This is one of the easiest and most amazing desserts; rich chocolate so dense that only a true chocolate lover like Alena can take seconds :)  The source of this recipe is my lovely neighbor. She treated us to a slice a couple of years ago. It was so delicious but not Galactosemia safe; so I tweaked the recipe and yes, it is perfect.



Chocolate Tart
1 frozen pastry shell {be sure to double check the label - I found several that are parve}
8 oz of - this is key - good chocolate; I use Scharfenberger
1 egg
1 C of Soy Creamer {I used Wildwood this time - Silk also works well}

1. Preheat oven to 375F   - take frozen pie crust out of the freezer
2. Chop or break chocolate into pieces
3. Bring Soy Creamer to a simmer
4. Melt chocolate in the cream - stir frequently {I start the melting process in a water bath}
5. Let chocolate / soy creamer mixture cool down a little before adding the egg
6. Pour mixture into the frozen pie crust
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes

Enjoy with side of dairy free whipped "cream"

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...