Friday, November 30, 2012

Oven roasted chicken with chorizo #WeeknightSupper #Dairyfree

One of many great things about being a part of the #SundaySupper team is to see all the great recipes everyone else is cooking.  When reading the posts from the other team members I always end up pinning a bunch of recipes.  So when when chicken was on sale this week at New Season's I knew just what to make this week; this beautiful recipe for Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes from Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends.  We love oven baked potatoes, and who does not love chorizo, right?!

As I had a whole chicken {used 1/2 of it}, no thyme, and no orange on hand I ended up changing the recipe a bit.  I added juice of 1/2 lemon to the olive oil to baste the chicken,  added Herbs the Provence to the liquid, and sprinkled all of it with lemon rind instead of orange rind.  It was so delicious - this is definitively a keep and next time I will have only legs, as well as oranges on hand :)

Oh, and just in case you are wondering.  I served it with a big bowl of salad; the girls ended up eating the potatoes {yellow}, onions {yellow}, and chorizo as they are not huge chicken fans.  Well, I should say it is hit or miss with Mia Rosie - she sometimes loves it but generally is not so keen if it is still on the bone...


ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...