Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gulasch was our Friday Dinner

oops, I fell asleep with the ladies last night - so it is a belated dinner post. Not to worry, this should be the exception to the rule, now that I am back in the "swing of things". In any case - Gulasch is not fast, but easy to make and so delicious. I always make a lot so that we have left over. I find t amazing how six ingredients make such a fantastic dish. Onions, paprika, beef, water, salt, and potatoes. OK - make it seven ingredients because there is also a splash of Olive Oil which I use to soften the onions....

I serve it - just like my Grandmother did - with crusty white bread and pickles (not salt or dill pickles, but in vinegar). I buy Hengstenberg brand from Germany at WorldPlus Market. http://www.hengstenberg.de/de/rh.php/produkte/gurken - only in German - Grrman stores also carry them, and I found them on the web as well...I have posted the recipe before. Please let me know if you would like it and I would repost in the comments...Happy day, all!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...