Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Night Dinner is a first...

it sure is. Can you guess what this is? Nope, it is not pork it is the other white meat. Ooops, just remembered chicken is the white meat and pork is the other white meat. Joke is on me :). - Ok- I will not keep you in suspense any longer. Dinner was sfuffed chicken breast. Truth be said that chicken breast is not the first thing that comes to my mind when planning dinner. But, we now get our meat in a "Family Pack"from New Season's Market and chicken breast is one of the items we get. So, as I looked through my freezer I decided on the chicken and found a recipe from my good friend, "The Joy of Cooking".
Baked, stuffed - Italian style - chicken beast; bleck olives, capers, parmesiano regiano, yelow raisins, walnuts, panko crumbs, and more. I adjusted the recipe by using olive oil in lieu of butter,and panko for breadcrumbs. Served along rice,and the usual - but never boring - salad I call it a dinner success in our little house in Portland....

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...