Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Dinner - mashed potatoes served with "Faulenzer Krautwickel"

Do you want to know what it is? Any guesses?! It is ground beef sauteed with White cabbage, onions, carrots, and "sour cream" - I use Tofutti brand. I Know, I know it does not look very appetizing but it actually is delicious. The potatoes turned out as well. I make them a Little different everything Time. Sometimes, I add olive Oil and water from the potatoes, otherwise times I cook the potatoes with garlic, this time I added plain soy milk, salt, and a good amount of vegan butter a.k.a. Earth Balance. Very delicious - Mia Rosie's statement should Be Proof "...this smells yummy..."

Mia Rosie and I went shopping today in order to refill the pantry for another busy week ahead. Today we found lots of great treats to last at least a couple of weeks. Tofutti frozen Blintzes - I am thinking that they will be a gerat after school snack; Chocolate covered anana slices for a treat, and Dairy Free Mochi for desserts. Both of those are Trader Joes brand. The Mochi is filled with coconut ice cream. They Look beautiful :) - I am so excited that there are so many safe treats for the girls and also about the confidence I have found. For us Galactosemia is part of our lives, absolutely manageable, and in some quirky way also a gift. A gift, because it gives me perspective and recognize what's truly Important in life :) Remember the glass is always half full :)))

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...