Monday, February 20, 2012

Chili & Cornbread for dinner...

Tonight was - I admit - the only day I cooked on this - for us - long weekend. Last week was all about baking birthday cake(s), preparing for the birthday, and finally the birthday party.... So, once Saturday came around, and the party was over this mothership was exhausted. So for dinner we had delicious Trader Joe's Orange Chicken with rice, courtesey of our freezer. Yesterday we left for a last minute overnight stay to Bonneville Hot Springs. Need I say more than pool, and hot tubs. It surely rejuvenated me, and was lot's of for the girlies. But again, I did not cook.

So tonight, finally dinner at home. Chili with beef, kidney, pinto, and red beans, along freshly baked corn bread. Yes, I did make the corn bread out of a box - Trader Joe's. The ingredients so not contain any milk derivative, substitute the milk with Soy (or Rice, Hemp, etc.) and voila you have Galactosemia safe corn bread. I also served a chopped up avocado, onion and plenty of crackers to top the chili.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...