Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday night dinner...

and finally another dinner picture.  Yay!!! -  We are slowly but surely wiring our way through the "Family Meat Pack" in our freezer, and I took out a package of pork cutlets late Saturday.  I can think of a  couple of things to make with the cutlets, and one of the is a schnitzel. But you know what?  I really, did not in the very least feel like a) making Schnitzel today, nor b) eating schnitzel.  Yup, it's true this German did not feel like making Schnitzel :)  Ron thought that was pretty funny. In any case, so I had this idea of making "Geschnetzeltes".  My Grandmother used to make it.  Pork cut into fine strips, with curry, and veggies.  Why not, right?! So my first idea was to make it from scratch using curry seasoning but then I found at New Season's a curry sauce that would be perfect.  http://sukhis.com/products/home-chef/curry-sauce-home.php - I have to admit the I was a little, just a tiny bit, hesitant.  We had the Korma Curry Paste and it turned out delicious. Instead of the "cream" I used soy creamer which worked out fantastic.  To prepare, I first sautéed an onion, and 1/2 of a red pepper. Then added the pork, and added the spices along with water about five minutes later.  Served it with rice, and - I know, I know boring - mixed baby green salad.  It was delicious...

Here it is - today's photo is actually courtesy of my dear husband as I had a work meeting.....but I made the dish :)))

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...