Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Night Dinner...

...Homemade vegan cream of tomato soup.

I went with the girls to New Seasons after school to figure out dinner. At New Seasons the Girls always Love to try the soups, and usually there is at least One vegan Option. That was the case yesterday and the girls tried lentil & Kale. I sampled the unsafe soup "Tomato Bisque" - it was delicious and I had my dinner plan. The result is in the picture above and for a first try it turned out great. It was - as I like to call it - a dinner success.

Here are the details you need
- Olive Oil
- Medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of vegan Butter - I use Earth Balance
- 3 tablespoos of flour
- a large can of crushed roasted tomatoes
- about 1/2 Cup of either plain Soy milk, or Soy creamer
- a dash of Orange Juice
- a 1-2 teaspoons of Sugar, or a Little Bit of Maple syrup (that's what I used b/c we were out of Sugar)

1. Heat up the Olive Oil and add the onion. Sautee until they are soft
2. Add the "Butter",and 1-1/2 teaspoons when melted add the flour - stir in the onion mixture until it becomes One
3. Add the tomatoes, and the water. Stir thoroughly - make sure you work out all clumps
4 add salt, pepper, Soy Milk and bring to a Slow simmer - Lid off - for 20 minutes or so
5. add OJ, and Sugar to taste continue to simmer for a while longer until soup has Dealers consistency. We like our soups thick :)

Add Salt, Pepper to taste - serve with fresh crusty bread. Ohm and before I forget - it probably needs some more tweaking. Let me Know if you try it.
4. Add
-

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...