Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday Night Dinner. big surprise...

...remember, Wednesday is Farmer's Day Market here in Portland - ok in downtown Portland you can probably find a market any day of the week - and I like to get beautiful mushrooms from the Sprigwater Farm stand. There are mushrooms upon mushrooms. Shitake, Maitake Lobster, Chantarelles, and more. All of us love mushrooms, so Wednesday it is mushroom for dinner.

Today I got Chantarelles, and made a delicious mushroom risotto. The whole family loved it - I call that a dinner success. I made the risotto a little different today as I used Mushroom Broth (from Pacific Foods) instead of Vegetable, or Chicken. It was great and gave the risotto a deep, earthy mushroom flavor. Oh, and in case you wondered. As a side I served a delicious summer salad with red leaf lettuce, cucumber, orange tomatoes, and homemade vinaigrette with plenty of sweet onions...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...