Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday Night Dinner...

> ...fresh Rigatoni with mushrooms, corn, zucchini, in a light lemon cream sauce, served along - yup, you guessed right - a salad of red leaf lettuce, orange tomato, cucumber and homemade vinaigrette.
>
> Yesterday I also got a beautiful Lobster mushroom, two color corn, and zucchini. I also had a couple chantarelles left over. So I started by sautéing a finely diced sweet onion in olive oil, and once they were soft added the chopped, cleaned mushrooms. Sautéed it for a little while before adding the corn - kernels cut fresh of the cob, then put the lid on the pan. I let it cook for a little while at low heat and then added the juice of one lemon, as well as some grated lemon peel. At last I added the finely diced zucchini, sautéd it for a couple more minutes before adding one tablespoon of Tofutti sour cream. Added salt, pepper, and finely chopped flat parsley to taste.
>
> I served it with fresh pasta - rigatoni - which I bought at Pastaworks. The entire family enjoyed this summertime pasta - which makes me one happy mothership :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...