- Splash of olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- big pinch of salt
- 1 T of Herbs de Provence
- 1 lb beef stew
- 3/4 - 1 C white wine
- 1-1/2 - 2 C of water
- 2-3 red potatoes diced
- 1 bag of frozen Haricot Vert Beans (I use Trader Joe's)
- salt, pepper, and fresh tarragon to taste
1. heat olive oil and add onion as well as pinch of salt. Sauté until soft, add garlic and herbs.
2. Add beef, pepper and carefully brown from all sides. Add wine and water. Bring to a simmer,
then reduce to a low simmer and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and simmer until they are soft.
4. Add beans and heat the stew carefully through. Be careful not to bring to a boil.
5. When heated through adjust salt, pepper, and add fresh chopped tarragon.
Serve with crusty bread and a salad!