It turned out great - Alena said "Mama, I love this dinner..." Yay :)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Thai curry paste
- 3/4 - 1 lb of your preferred source of protein i.e. Tofu, pork, chicken, etc. sliced
- 2 stalks of lemongrass. Sliced lengthwise, and cut into 1" or longer pieces
- 1 lime juiced, and zested
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/2" of grated fresh Ginger - or more
- 3-4 C chicken broth
- 1 box - 8 oz - Rice noodles. I used vermicelli
- greens of a bunch of scallions diced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
1. Meld the cream from the coconut in a and mix in app. 2-1/2 T of curry paste. When bubbly
2. Protein and sautee for about 5 minutes, then add
3. Coconut water - remainder from can - and the rest of the ingredients except for: Rice noodles,
Scallions, and lime wedges
4. Simmer for about 25 minutes, adjust spices, remove lemongrass. Remove from heat and add
Rice noodles, carefully pushing them underneath the broth.
5. When Rice noodles are soft - about 8 minutes - laddle in soup bowls, sprinkle with scallions
and serve with a lime wedge.
Guten Appetit! Enjoy!