Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Visit to the Ophthalmologist...

was today.  We now go every two years - our appointments used to be a lot more frequently but the eyes of the girlies have been clear, so everyone feels that a two year schedule is appropriate.  So, today was the day. I have to admit that it makes me nervous, and I get that nagging feeling.  What if the eyes are not clear?  It could happen...I try very hard to not portray any of it on the girlies.  Alena - never-the-less - was worried.  We have been going to the appointment in the morning, but Alena was quite clear that she did not want to go back to school after the appointment.  She told me that the last time - she was in Kindergarten - the kids made fun of her sun glasses and strange looking pupils.  In any case,  after lunch works out better as the main part of the school day happens in the morning - so less school missed

When I picked them up shortly before one Alena told me that she had been very nervous all morning.  Mia Rose on the other hand was just looking forward to the appointment. I am just so glad, that Ron was able to come along. The mothership, was very nervous...


here is a picture of the girlies with their sunglasses waiting for the eye drops to dilate their eyes...

So how did it go?  It went great!  We are so relived.  It just as a big rock has been lifted of my chest.  The eyes are completely clear, and no cloudiness anywhere!!!  Yay!!! We are so happy - and to celebrate I took the girls to Ben & Jerry's on Hawthorne for some well deserved Sorbet....

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...