This is what you will need
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minces
- app 1-1/2 C of diced ham - or prosciutto
- 2 C of thinly sliced white button mushrooms
- 3 T of Tofutti sour cream
- 1/2 C chicken stock
- 1/2 C Hemp milk - or soy, rice - I just like hemp right now
- 1/4 C shredded Parmesiano Reggiano *Optional*
- 1 C frozen peas thawed
- juice of 1/2 lemon - more or less to taste
- salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil and when hot add the onions with a pinch of salt. Sautee until soft.
2. Add garlic sauté for another minute or so, then add the ham. Sauté for another couple
of minutes and then add mushrooms.
3. Sauté for about five minutes, add salt and stir in Tofutti.
4. Add chicken stock and Hemp milk. Heat gently.
5. Add Parmesiano if using and keep at a very low simmer for another five mainutes or so.
6. Add peas and stir in.
7. When peas are warmed up, add lemon juice to taste. Adjust salt and pepper.
Mix the sauce with the cooked Penne and serve with additional Parmesiano Reggiano if using.