Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Carrot Cake was our Easter dessert

This was a first for me. I saw the recipe posted by The Family Foodie on Pinterest a couple of weeks and knew that I had to give it a try. For some reason or another, I was always hesitant to make carrot cake myself; but both of our girls love carrot cake so I just had to finally take on the challenge.

I followed the recipe by The Family Foodie - http://familyfoodie.com/the-perfect-sundaysupper-ends-with-this-carrot-cake-recipe/ . The only changes were made to the frosting as the cake in itself is Galactosemia - milkfree - safe. For the frosting I substituted

Earth Balance - vegan butter - for "regular" butter
Tempt Hemp Milk - other non-dairy milk - for "regular" milk
Tofutti Cream Cheese - for "regular" cream cheese

It turned out delicious and we will be enjoying it for dessert this week as well. By the way, I do not have a deep round glass dish so I baked it in my regular Kaiser brand springform. I think that was the reason why my cake took almost 50 minutes to be done.

Oh, and yes both girlies love it....

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...