Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I just bribed the kids...

...what?!  Yup! We overslept this morning  and woke up at 7:40. The first bell at school rings at 8:35 and the tardy bell at 8:45;I had to be downtown for a meeting by 9:30.  Let me tell you, it was not the most pleasant morning.  Ron and I made breakfast for the ladies and then it was a race against time.  Could we make it to school before the tardy bell rings?  I retreated to a new trick,  I promised the ladies cupcakes if we made it to school on time...yes, I bribed them :)

And guess what?! - Wow! Everybody got their shoes, coats, and backpacks on. The trip to school was a race against time, but I kept reminding them "cupcakes if we get to the classrooms before the tardy bell..." It was a very, very close call.  Mia Rose was in her room on time, and yes, Alena also got to her room just right before the tardy bell rang.  Whoo-hoo - the promise of cupcakes worked...and I also made it downtown in time.

On the way home, I stopped at Saint Cupcake to pick up two delicious Vegan - Galactosemia safe - Cupcakes for our girlies. Chocolate-chocolate, and carrot - I let the pictures tell you the rest







ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...