Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monday Night Dinner - White Chili

Well, at least that is what I intended to make. Certainly not one of my finer creations...

I made the chili right before the girls started to work on their homework and let it simmer for a couple of hours. When I then checked it I was so disappointed. It did not meet my expectations at all - so I tried to fix it. Added salt, pepper, Tofutti sour cream, and brought it all to a slow boil. It did somehow do the trick - it then was OK. Ron liked it, and Alena - of course - loved all of the beans. The bread - Ron got it at Grand Central - was amazing, New Seasons Baguette is good, but this one! Oh, and the salad was also good. I added dried cherries for a little twist, and added mustard as well as red wine vinegar - instead of Balsamico - for a change. Mia Rosie by the way favored the salad and bread, just like me :)

So here you have it - the not so perfect dinner :) I just hope tonight's dinner will be more successful...

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...