Oh, look at the result of the "no knead" bread. And yes, it is just as yummy as it looks and only has four ingredients. Flour, yeast, salt, and water.
|"No knead" bread|
To recreate it you need:
- one cup of soaked, dried beans (I use a 12 dried bean mix from New Season's Market)
- splash of Olive Oil
- medium onion diced
- 2-3 carrots diced
- large can of diced tomatoes
- 32 oz of chicken or veggie broth (I use Pacific Foods)
- one small yam cut into cubes
- two medium potatoes cut into cubes
- a couple of bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of bulk italian sausage (I use mild)
- soak the beans the night before you plan to make the soup
- in a large pot heat up the olive oil. When hot, add the onion, and carrots as well as a sprinkling of salt. Sautee until onions are soft, and carrots begin to show yellow center.
- add can of diced tomatoes, and the vegetable broth
- next add the soaked beans (drained - do not add the soaking liquid)
- then add
- Potatoes, and
- Bay Leaf
- Bring soup to a slow simmer and cover.
While soup is simmering
- form small meatballs from the bulk sausage, and
- carefully fry them until browned in a pan
- Let soup simmer for about an hour - while "no knead" bread is baking in the oven.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
|Twelve bean, veggie soup with Italian Meatballs|